#SummerSeries2016 - European Royals Fashion

Mais uma semana de Verão, mais um post da nossa Summer Series. Aos poucos as nossas caras conhecidas do mundo real estão a voltar ao trabalho, mas ainda haverá tempo para um post ou dois sobre os meus bloggers favoritos.
Another summer week, one more post of our Summer Series. Gradually our royal gang is back to work, but there's still time for a post or maybe two about my favorite bloggers.


Há uns anos atrás os fãs da realeza limitavam-se a admirar as jóias, as roupas e as Histórias da realeza que chegavam até nós através das revistas e televisão. Com o desenvolvimento da internet e das redes sociais, surgiu também um novo conceito de royal watchers, aqueles que não se limitam a observar, mas que também são verdadeiros detectives, principalmente no que diz respeito à moda. Hoje não nos limitamos apenas a admirar uma peça de roupa ou acessório, como também chegamos a saber inclusive a marca, modelo e preço exactos das peças usadas.
A few years ago the fans of royalty were limited to admire the jewelry, the clothes and the royal stories that came to us through magazines and television. With the development of the Internet and social networks also emerged a new concept of royal watchers, those who do not merely observe, but are also true detectives, especially when it comes to fashion. Today we do not limit ourselves only to admire a piece of clothing or accessory, as we come to know the exact brand, models and price of the worn pieces.

European Royals Fashion

Várias Rainhas e Princesas marcam tendências de moda e, no mundo de informação vertiginosa de hoje em dia são vários os bloggers reais conhecidos por identificarem várias peças de roupa e acessórios das damas reais. Heaven LeeMiller autora do blog European Royals Fashion é uma delas e talvez uma das mais empenhadas. É sobre ela que falamos hoje.
Several Queens and Princesses mark fashion trends and the in a world of dizzying information there are several royal bloggers these days known as being good to identify several pieces of clothing and accessories of the royal ladies. Heaven LeeMiller of the European Royals Fashion is one of them and perhaps one of the most hard worker. It is about her that we speak today.

---


1 . Olá Heaven. Conta-me um pouco mais sobre ti e sobre a tua paixão pela realeza.
     Hello Heaven. Tell me a little more about you and your passion for royalty.

Eu tenho 18 anos e sou estudante. A minha disciplina específica é Inglês. Comecei a interessar-me em realeza, depois do casamento do William e da Kate em 2011. Eu já conhecia a família real britânica mas só conheci outras famílias reais quando assisti ao casamento real, e foi isso que fez com que quisesse saber mais sobre eles. A partir daí a obsessão só foi aumentando haha. 
I’m 18 and i’m a student. My major is english. I started to get interested in royalty after William & Kate’s wedding in 2011. I knew about the British royal family before that but i only discovered the other royal families when i watched the wedding which make me want to know more about them. And from then, it’s just been a growing obsession haha.



2. O teu nome é uma referência frequente em vários blogs. Quando começou o teu interesse em identificar roupas e acessórios usados por membros da realeza?
  Your name is a frequent reference in several blogs. How did start this interest in identifying clothes and accessories worn by royals?


Para dizer a verdade, eu não comecei com realeza, mas sim com celebridades. Eu tinha um grande interesse em moda, e adorava saber o que as minhas celebridades favoritas usavam na passadeira vermelha. Na altura pouco sabia sobre realeza, como disse, mas quando os descobri decidi aliar a realeza com moda :) Achei que procurar as roupas e acessórios da realeza era muito mais interessante e desafiante comparativamente às celebridades porque existem muito menos bloggers interessados na realeza, e decidi então focar-me no estilo da Rainha Rania primeiramente (com o meu blog Queen Rania Fashion que já não se encontra activo), porque várias pessoas falavam sobre o seu estilo mas quase ninguém procurava as suas roupas. 
Actually , it didn’t start with royals but with celebrities ! I was interested a lot in fashion and I really loved to know what my favorite celebrities were wearing on the red carpet. I didn’t really know about royals back then like I said but when I discovered about them, I just mixed fashion and royals :) I thought searching clothes and accessories for royals was more interesting and challenging than for celebrities because there are less fashion bloggers interested in royals than in celebrities and I decided to focus on Queen Rania at first (with my blog Queen Rania Fashion which is not active anymore) because a lot of people were talking about her fashion style but not a lot of them were actually looking for her clothes.



3. Além da tua colaboração com vários bloggers, também criaste o teu próprio espaço- European Royals Fashion. Consideras o teu espaço como um directório de moda real?
  In addition to your collaboration with several bloggers, you also have created your own space - European Royals Fashion. Do you consider your space a kind of royal fashion directory?


O European Royals Fashion ainda é bastante recente, mas senti que precisava dele. Eu parei com o Queen Rania Fashion, porque sinceramente estava cansada de me focar apenas numa pessoa no meu blog. Estava a trabalhar com vários bloggers como disseste (principalmente com a Cecile to blog francês Royals & Fashion) e pesquisava sobre várias pessoas, não apenas sobre a Rania e no entanto apenas fazia artigos sobre ela e isso começou a frustrar-me, e então parei de enviar todas as minhas descobertas à Cecile e à Sarah do The Royals and I. Mas ultimamente muitas das minhas descobertas começaram a ser usadas sem o devido crédito e então decidi criar um blog que me permitisse colocar todas as minhas descobertas. Pensei que desta forma seria mais fácil para todos e uma boa forma das pessoas poderem redescobrir looks de vários anos atrás, quando ainda nem eu nem a maior parte destes bloggers seguia a realeza. Na verdade não se tratar de um directório de moda para mim, porque não inclui todos os itens usados, até porque não sou responsável por todas as descobertas feitas na moda real, mas estou bastante orgulhosa dele. 
European Royals Fashion is still fairly new but I feel like it was needed to me. I stopped QueenRaniaFashion because i was honestly getting a little bored with focussing on only one person in my blog. I was working with several bloggers like you said ( mainly Cecile from the French blog Royals & Fashion) and I was looking for fashion of every royals not only Rania but I was only posting about Rania and it was frustrating me so I stopped and I was sending all of my finds to Cecile and to Sarah from The Royals And I but lately a lot of my finds were taken without credits which is even more frustrating so I decided to create this blog because it allowed to post all of my fashion finds. I thought it would be easier this way for everyone and it was a good way to make people rediscover looks from years ago that they haven’t seen before because they weren’t following royals back then ( which is my case too).
It’s not really a fashion directory to me because it doesn’t show everything the royals wore because I’m not responsible for all the IDs but i’m really proud of it :) 



4. Para mim és uma verdadeira detective da moda. A moda sempre foi uma paixão? Quando te apercebeste que tinhas bom olho para a coisa?
  To me you are a true fashion detective. Fashion has always been a passion? When did you notice you had an eagle eye for it?


Como disse anteriormente, a moda sempre foi uma paixão para mim. Sempre adorei a área, mas apenas comecei a procurar itens quando me comecei a interessar pela realeza. Começou como uma diversão, depois como uma ajuda para a Cecile ou para a Sarah, mas agora é realmente algo meu. Ao ponto de, se não consigo encontrar nada durante alguns dias, eu fico frustrada e queixo-me durante todo o dia à Sarah, porque quero encontrar algo haha. 
Like I said before, fashion has always been a passion for me , I have always loved it but I really started looking for items when I started to get interested in royals. It started as a fun game , then it was to help Cecile or Sarah but now it’s really for me , like if I don’t find anything for a few days , I’ll get frustrated and complaining to Sarah all day about wanting to find something haha



5. Roupas, sapatos, malas...O que é mais difícil de identificar? E o mais fácil?
  Clothes, shoes, bags ... What is more difficult to identify? And the easiest?


Para mim as coisas mais difíceis são frequentemente a joalharia (por isso é que eu deixo geralmente essa parte para a Anna ou a Sarah), e os sapatos, porque mesmo adorando sapatos, sapatos pretos ou sapatos nude parecem-me todos iguais e muitas vezes é difícil dizer qual o modelo exacto, excepto quando conseguimos ver a sola, o que nem sempre é o caso. A parte mais fácil para mim são também os sapatos, porque, como disse, eu gosto imenso de sapatos, e por isso quando vejo um modelo particular (isto é, que não seja inteiramente preto ou nude), eu consigo identificar facilmente um detalhe e reconhecer a marca. 
For me the most difficult thing is usually jewelry (which is why I always leave that to others like Anna or Sarah) and shoes because even though I LOVE shoes , black pumps and nude pumps always look the same to me so sometimes it’s hard to tell which model is the right model except if you have a clear photo of the sole which is not always the case. The easiest for me is probably shoes too because like I said I really love shoes so when it’s a particular model (i.e not plain black or nude shoes), i can usually spot a detail or recognize the brand .



6. Qual é para ti o Santo Graal da Moda Real, isto é, aquele item que ainda não conseguiste encontrar por mais que procures?
  What is the Holy Grail of Royal Fashion, i.e., that item that you have not found yet and you really want to?


Para mim, é aquele hediondo conjunto verde de saia e casaco que a Mette-Marit usa desde 2008. Tenho algumas pistas mas até agora nada, e isso é frustrante haha. 
For me , it’s Mette-Marit’s infamous green skirt suit that she owns since 2008 and that she wears a lot. I have some lead but so far , I haven’t found anything and it’s frustrating me haha.



7. Muitas vezes as tuas descobertas são feitas retrospectivamente. Porque ainda procuras itens que foram usados há 10 anos atrás?
  Sometimes your discoveries are made retrospectively. Why do you still keep trying to identify certain items that were used 10 years ago?


Como te podes ter apercebido, quando alguém usa qualquer coisa nova durante um evento, eu tento encontrar sempre essa peça independentemente de quem o usou e muitas vezes não sou a única a tentar, especialmente se for alguém popular como a Mary/Letizia/Kate/Máxima ou as suecas, mas as descobertas que eu faço em retrospectiva são sobre aquelas que são menos faladas, tal como a Marie, ou aquelas que não têm um blog dedicado a elas como a Charlene ou a Mette-Marit. Desta forma não sinto que estou a "tirar" o trabalho de ninguém. Por isso gosto muito de procurar por itens antigos da Marie/Charlene/Mette-Marit porque é uma sensação fantástica descobrir algo usado anos atrás, principalmente porque envolve muita pesquisa e então é como se fosse um prémio ou algo do género e deixa-me muito feliz haha. 
As you may have noticed , when a royal wear something new during an event , i’m looking for it no matter who it is and usually other people are looking for it too especially if it’s popular royals like Mary/Letizia/Kate/Maxima or the Swedes but the discoveries I make retrospectively are more about the « underdogs » of the royals i.e the ones that either we don’t see often like Marie or the ones that we do see but that don’t have a blog dedicated to them like Charlene or Mette-Marit. This way I don’t feel like i’m taking someone else’s job. So, I really like looking for old items of Marie/Charlene/Mette-Marit because it’s a great feeling to find something that was worn years ago and it’s really exciting because it’s usually a lot of research to make so it feels like a reward or something like that, it’s a really happy feeling haha.



8. Se tivesses que leccionar um curso rápido de "Como Identificar a Moda Real por Heaven LeeMiller", quais seriam as lições principais? Quais são os pontos-chave para ser bem-sucedido nesta tarefa?
  If you had to teach a crash course on "How to Identify Royal Fashion by Heaven LeeMiller," what will be the main lessons? What are the key points to be successful in this task?


Eu realmente não sei como responder a essa pergunta, porque geralmente não tenho regras no que diz respeito a identificar peças. Se foi algo recentemente usado pesquiso nos meus sites-chave como o Net-a-porter/Farfetch/Saksfifthavenue etc. e procuro especificamente, mas no que diz respeito a antigos OMNI's (Objectos de Moda Não-Identificados), geralmente eu não faço pesquisa sobre um item em particular. Geralmente arrisco numa marca e pesquiso no ebay ou websites que vendem roupas em segunda-mão e vou vendo até reconhecer algo semelhante. É necessária muita pesquisa por boas fotos no caso de OMNI's porque é importante termos 100% de certezas que estamos a fazer a identificação correcta e, nestes casos, eu geralmente peço uma segunda opinião à Sarah antes de ter a certeza e publicar o achado. 
I don’t really know how to answer this question because I usually don’t have rules when it comes to IDs. If it’s something that they wear today , i’ll usually go look at my key websites like net-a-porter/farfetch/saksfifthavenue etc… and look specifically for it but when it comes to old UFOs, i’m not usually looking for one UFO in particular , I usually pick a brand and go search it on ebay or websites that sell second hand clothes and I just scroll through the pages until I recognize something. Then it’s also a lot of searching for good photos of the UFOs because it’s important to be 100% sure of your ID which is why I usually send each find to Sarah before posting about it in order to have a second opinion.



9. Dá-me números. Tens ideia de quantos itens de moda já identificaste até agora?
  Give me numbers. Do you have any idea how many fashion items you have identified to date?


O meu blog diz que já descobri 448 itens desde Maio de 2014, mais coisa menos coisa :) 
My blog says I have found 448 items since May 2014 give or take a few :) 



10. Penso que deves ser uma pessoa muito persistente nas tuas pesquisas diárias. Qual é a Princesa/Rainha que desafia os limites dessa persistência?
   I think you should be a very persistent person in your daily search for new identifications. What is the Princess / Queen that challenges the limits of your endurance?


Tal como disse, eu gosto bastante de procurar por itens da Charlene, Mette-Marit ou Marie, porque elas são consideradas "inferiores", mas por vezes é bastante difícil, porque não tens muitas fotos nas quais assentar a tua pesquisa (especialmente com os OMNI's) e por isso é complicado, e muitas vezes tenho que fazer pausas de um dia ou dois, e depois voltar à pesquisa :)
Mas eu não sou uma pessoa muito paciente na vida real, por isso fico muitas vezes frustrada quando quero encontrar algo e não consigo, daí eu geralmente não pesquisar por um item isolado mas sim pela marca. 
Like I said, I really like looking for fashion of Charlene, Mette-Marit or Marie because they’re the « underdogs » but sometimes it’s really hard because you don’t have a lot of photos to work with (especially when you’re looking for old UFOs) so it’s complicated and sometimes i just give up for one or two days and then go back to it :)But i’m not a really patient person in real life so I usually get frustrated when I really want to find something and I don’t which is why I usually don’t look for one thing in particular but a brand.



11. O que mais te surpreendeu neste tempo como blogger?
   What surprised you most during this time as a blogger?


Quando eu comecei, não pensei que ficasse tão apegada às pessoas que conheci, à própria realeza ou às horas a fazer pesquisa, mas a verdade é que é bastante difícil para mim não procurar pela moda. Também existe uma grande colaboração e solidariedade entre bloggers.
Também fiquei surpresa com a facilidade em contactar as marcas e designers. Uma grande parte deles responde sempre e são bastante simpáticos com as informações que dão, etc. É realmente fantástico e ajuda bastante (obviamente não são todos os designers que agem assim, mas são uma minoria, e ainda bem!). 
When I first started doing this , I didn’t think I would get so attached to the people I met, to looking for hours and to the royals themselves but no, it’s really hard for me not to look for fashion. There’s also a great collaboration and solidarity between bloggers.I was also surprised by how easy it was to contact brands or designers. A lot of them always answer and they’re really nice and give you informations etc.. it’s really great and helpful (of course, it’s not the case for every designers but thankfully , it’s just a minority).


12. Hoje em dia existem vários blogs que se focam no estilo e na moda que muitas cabeças coroadas ditam. Para ti, isso é bom ou mau?
  Today, there are several blogs that focus on style and fashion that the crowned heads dictate. For you this is a good or a bad thing?


Eu penso que é óptimo que existam cada vez mais bloggers, porque é muito divertido falar com eles e contar com a ajuda de todos nas identificações. Tenho inclusive a ajuda de pessoas que não têm blog, mas que têm bom olho para a moda, o que é óptimo! Apenas penso que não deveria existir competição entre blogs mas sim colaboração, por isso espero que as coisas continuem assim com uma boa atmosfera entre os bloggers ! 
I think it’s great that there are more and more bloggers because it’s really fun to talk with them all and to help each other with IDs. I even get help from people who don’t have a blog but have a really good eye for fashion which is always great !I just think it shouldn’t be a competition between blogs but more a collaboration , so I hope it’ll stays like this with a good atmosphere between bloggers !



13. Ainda te consegues surpreender a ti mesma com os teus feitos?
      Do you still can surprise yourself with your achievements?


Sim. Como não procuro por nenhum OMNI em particular, muitas vezes encontro algo inesperado o que é sempre bastante excitante! 
Yes! Since i’m not looking for UFOs in particular, sometimes I find things that I was not expecting to find which is always really exciting ! 



14. A tua família e amigos conhecem este teu hobby? Como é que eles reagem perante ele?
     Your family and friends know about your hobby? How do they react about it?


Eu gostava muito que eles soubessem, mas infelizmente não sabem. Por cá, o interesse na realeza não é visto como algo interessante, e por isso eles não iriam compreender e penso que não me levariam a sério se eu lhes contasse. Eu planeio contar-lhes algum dia, mas para já, não está realmente previsto. É por esta razão eu sou muito discreta sobre mim, porque também estou a estudar num curso muito selectivo e competitivo, e este hobby que eu adoro poderia ser usado contra mim e por isso é o meu segredo :) A minha família sabe que eu faço algo, porque vêm-me a falar muito com a Sarah no Twitter, porque nem sempre consigo esconder o meu ecrã e as minha irmãs sabem que eu gosto de realeza mas pensam que é uma questão mais cultural, como se eu estivesse a aprender sobre eles para o meu próprio conhecimento, em vez de se tratar de um hobby a sério. 
I would like them to know but unfortunately they don’t. Here, it’s not something cool to be interested in royals, they don’t really understand and I think they would not take me seriously if I told them. I plan on telling them at some point but for now, it’s not really on the table. That’s why I’m really private about me because i’m also studying in a cursus that is very selective and competitive and this hobby that I really love could be used against me so it’s my secret :) My family do know that I’m doing something though because they’ve seen me talking to Sarah a lot on Twitter because I can’t always hide my screen to them and my sisters know I like royals but they think it’s more a cultural thing like i’m learning about them for my knowledge than a real hobby.



15. Achas que ainda existe margem para cresceres enquanto blogger ou para ti isto é apenas um hobby?
    Do you think there is still room for you to grow as a blogger or for you this is just a hobby?


Para dizer a verdade é algo que não sei, mas é algo sobre o qual tenho pensando muito ultimamente. Sei que não posso fazer algo ao qual tivesse que me comprometer a sério e me exigisse prazos, porque o meu horário é bastante preenchido durante o ano escolar. Além disso pesquisar sobre moda real é algo que me dá um enorme prazer e tenho receio que, caso me comprometa mais, este prazer se transforme num trabalho aborrecido, em vez de um verdadeiro hobby divertido. Por outro lado, eu quero mesmo levar o blog para um nível diferente, ou seja, fazer mais do que simplesmente publicar as minhas descobertas. Talvez escrever sobre os compromissos oficiais da Charlene ou da Marie? Sinceramente não sei, mas a moda e a realeza não são simplesmente coisas das quais eu queira abrir mão, porque eu gosto mesmo muito de ambas e das pessoas que conheci graças a elas. 
I don’t really know about that to say the truth but it’s something i’ve been wondering a lot to myself lately. I know I can’t do something that would commit me and that would impose deadlines because my schedule is really hectic and full during the school year and looking for fashion of royals is a real pleasure for me and i’m afraid that if I commit more to this , it’ll become more like an unpleasant work than a real , fun hobby. On the other hand, i really want to take the blog to a next level , like doing something more than just posting about my finds, maybe posting about Charlene or Marie’s events ? I really don’t know but i know that fashion & royals is not something I want to give up on because I really really love it and the people I met thanks to it.



16. Sê honesta: Quem é a dama real com mais estilo? E quem precisa desesperadamente de ajuda?
    Be honest: who is the most stylish royal lady? And who desperately needs help?


Eu adoro definitivamente o estilo da Charlene. É sempre elegante mas por vezes é muito vanguarda, e mesmo que nem sempre goste de tudo o que ela usa, eu dou-lhe sempre pontos por tentar. Penso que a Rainha Letizia tem um estilo profissional-feminino muito bom e eu gosto muito disso. Penso que todas as damas reais cometem deslizes de vez em quando, mas sinto que a Mette-Marit perdeu o interesse em moda nos últimos anos. Ela parece desmazelada por vezes, mas dou-lhe pontos nos eventos de gala! Ela consegue trazer sempre os melhores vestidos para os grandes eventos reais. 
I absolutely love Charlene’s style! It’s always classy but also sometimes fashion-forward and even if i don’t like everything she wears , I always give her points for trying. I think Queen Letizia also has a great « working-girl » style and I really like that.I think every royals sometimes have misses but I feel like Mette-Marit has kind of lost interest in fashion these past few years, she looks sloppy sometimes but you have to give her points for her amazing gala fashion ! She always brings the best gowns to big royal events !



17. O que tens a dizer a todos aqueles que pensam que aquilo que fazes é pura loucura e obsessão?
   What do have you to say to all those who think that what you do is pure madness and obsession?


Eu diria que se é algo que gostas, então não considerado trabalho duro, mas sim um grande prazer e é um sentimento fantástico saber que atingimos algo, que descobrimos algo que ninguém antes descobriu. E também te permite aprender mais sobre moda e realeza, e nem tudo se resume a moda. Tem a ver também com outros bloggers que conhecemos e a atmosfera que se vive em grandes eventos reais como casamentos ou baptizados que reúnem os membros da realeza favoritos de todos, o entusiasmo, etc. É simplesmente fantástico e não me arrependo de todas as horas de sacrifício em que deixei de dormir, nos últimos anos, para falar com amigos que vivem num fuso horário completamente diferente do meu ou para assistir a eventos reais ou simplesmente para pesquisar em vários websites ou contactar as marcas e esquecer cada problema do meu dia-a-dia. Eu simplesmente adoro este hobby e estou imensamente grata ao que a minha obsessão por moda me trouxe. 
I’d say that if you love it , it doesn’t seem like hard work at all, it’s a real pleasure and it’s always a great feeling to know that you achieved something, that you managed to find something that no one else had managed to find before. And it allows you to learn more about fashion and royals and it’s not just about fashion , it’s about the others bloggers you met and the atmosphere when there are big royals events like weddings or christening that reunites everyone’s favorite royals, the excitement etc.. It’s just wonderful and I don’t regret sacrificing hours and hours of sleep during the past few years to talk to the friends I made who live on a completely different timezone or to watch royal events or just to scroll through every websites and every brands while forgetting every little problem of my everyday life. I just really really love it and i’m really thankful for what this obsession about fashion brought me.

---

O trabalho da Heaven e a sua dedicação são de facto impressionantes. Confesso que estou na expectativa de a ver criar de facto um blog com mais informação sobre a Charlene, por exemplo, porque PRECISAMOS disso. O que mais me impressionou nesta entrevista foi de facto a pergunta sobre como a sua família e amigos vêm este hobby. A resposta da Heaven deixou-me com o coração apertado. Apesar de ser, em parte, a sua escolha, penso que todos deveríamos falar abertamente das nossas paixões e talentos, sem receio de sermos julgados ou criticados por isso. Com a idade Heaven, verás que também isso vai passar. Caso contrário sugiro que todos os teus seguidores manifestem publicamente o quanto o teu trabalho ajuda imensos blogs pelo Mundo fora :) Garanto que a tua família ficará orgulhosa! Influencias mais pessoas do que imaginas...Podem segui-la também no Twitter e no Facebook.
Heaven's work and dedication are indeed impressive. I confess I am hoping to see her hosting in fact a blog with more information about Charlene, for example, because we NEED one. What struck me the most in this interview was the question about how her family and friends deal with her hobby. Heaven's reply left me with a heavy heart. Despite being partly her choice, I think everyone should speak openly of our passions and talents without fear of being judged or criticized for it. Heaven, with time, you will see that also this will pass. Otherwise I suggest that all your followers publicly express how your work helps several blogs from all world :) I guarantee that your family will be proud! You get to more people than you even imagine ... You can also follow her on Twitter and Facebook.


---
Estejam atentos porque também hoje temos um duplo post em Flashback
Stay tunned because today we'll have a double post in Flashback!

Comentários